Safe Online Casinos
Playing at online casinos is a fun, not to mention a convenient and rewarding way to pass the time and possibly win some serious cash prizes. While there are many benefits to playing at legitimate safe online casinos, the downfall is that because of its popularity, many rogue casinos have reared their ugly head. Just out to scam people out of their hard-earned cash, players should be aware of what signs to look out for.
Safe Online Casinos:
How do I know if an Online Casino is safe?
But how do you tell the good from the bad? While it’s not always easy to tell, there are a few tell-tale signs to look out for safe online casinos, the most important being:
Software – A legitimate casino will always use reputable and reliable software providers like Microgaming, NetEnt, IGT, and Betsoft. These are leading software providers that maintain a high standard. Therefore, they would never associate themselves with rogue casinos that might paint them in a bad light. These vendors don’t just dole out their licenses to just anyone, they are pretty stringent in their requirements.
Licensing – When arriving at an online casino for the first time, be sure to check the licensing. This should be readily available in the footer or on the ‘About Us’ page. Ideally, safe online casinos should feature licensing from Malta, the Isle of Man, Alderney, the UK, Gibraltar, and Kahnawake, as these are all strict jurisdictions. Antigua and Curacao are reasonably strict, they can be hit or miss. Additionally, an eCOGRA Seal of Approval adds to the legitimacy.
Bad Reviews – The Internet is a wonderful place, and by simply typing a few key phrases into the search bar, you can find millions of results. Many people use review sites in which to rate anything. From customer service to hotels, restaurants, retail establishments and much more. Read reviews and check who receive regular bad reviews. One or two reviews here and there are commonplace for any establishment, but constant bad reviews are a big warning sign that you should probably just stay away.
Transparency – Make sure that all the information you require is readily available, especially when it comes to banking and the safety of your personal information. You can check the customer support system. Issues must be fixed efficiently and professionally. Unanswered queries should be taken as a sign to move on.
Here we provide a list of some of the blacklisted or rogue casinos you should avoid at all costs.
- Mighty Slots – Mighty Slots have been involved with some legal battles in the past, including a 2008 investigation on fraud charges. They were accused of sending users spam emails containing malware that could shut down a computer system.
- 7 Sultans – 7 Sultans has a long history of not paying any of the winnings to its players and the customer support team is not up to scratch.
- DomGame Casino – Talk about poor customer support! The support team provides misleading information, whether deliberate or not. Also, they fill users’ inboxes with spammy emails.
- Domain Holdings LTD Casinos – This is an enterprise that owns several rogue casinos accused of being fraudulent, including Superbook Casino, iWager Casino, and Sports Fanatic Casino, to name a few. These all have their fair share of bad reviews, including failure to pay players, denying payments and scams.
- Diceland VIP – Since their launch in 2009, Diceland has bad customer support and banking departments. Poor customer support and non-payments to winning players are two good enough reasons to stay away.
- Gambling Federation –This is another enterprise consisting of a few rogue casinos. These include Pink Lady Casino, Commodore Casino, Video Poker Classic Casino and more. This lot allegedly send infected emails to users, causing their computers to become infected with Malware. Not cool.
- Crazy Luck Casino –Numerous Complaints have been received about failing to pay winners and poor customer service. Don’t waste your money here.
- Golden Arch Casino – Defrauds new players joining with complicated and confusing terms and conditions. Avoid at all costs!
- Casino Atlanta – This site uses pirated software, putting players at risk of losing their money with dodgy games. Also, using pirated software is illegal.
- SuperBet Palace – SuperBet Palace do not feature a legitimate gambling license, and there have been several complaints of slow or non-payment of winnings.
Playing it Safe
Aside from avoiding any website from the above checklist, there are a few tips to consider for a safe gaming experience:
- Protect your computer with the latest anti-virus software and firewall
- Do not send any personal information via email and never respond to or click links within spam emails
- Keep your password, account details and playing activity private at all times.
- Always play at reputable, recognized sites and try to stick to websites that you know and have played at before.
Can you trust playing at online casinos?
Simply put, yes. As long as you follow the guidelines and use your logic and common sense. You should enjoy a perfectly safe, secure and rewarding experience. Remember to check the terms and conditions thoroughly. Also, check promotions before betting any money, so you don’t end up losing more than you can afford. As long as you use your wits about you and stick to the guidelines, you will have many fun-filled hours playing your favorite games. All you have to do is find some of the more reputable brands, of which there are many. You’ll soon be enjoying a thrilling experience from the comfort of your home.